Bead Board Wainscoting - Kitchen Island / Breakfast Bar

This is a project that I did for my good friend Sheila. She hated her 1980's oak kitchen and butcherblock island and wanted an inexpensive facelift. So her kitchen became my "test kitchen" to prepare me for our upcoming kitchen reno in our new house. I put beadboard on 3 sides with a 1/4" x 4" trim around the edges. I forgot to take a before picture but you can see the cabinets in the background...they're pretty standard Kraftmaid oak cabinets circa 1989!
Since the doors have a thin recessed panel, I told her I thought it would look good to put the bead board on the doors as well. She went to Home Depot and had them cut the pieces to fit the doors. She then used Liquid Nail to secure it to the door and caulked the edges to give it a finished look. She's never done anything like this before and I think even she would agree that it's SO easy. The beadboard makes the doors feel really solid now and they look so amazing that she's decided to tackle her whole kitchen! I'll post pictures when she completes the project. (UPDATE: click here to see the finished doors in place)





3 comments:

Spindler Clan said...

Thank you again Robin for doing this for us! We love the look of the island now and I am finding that I love the butcher block with this creamy white color! I am looking forward to your posts on your new house improvements! Hope all is well!!!

Anonymous said...

From the moment the first Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door "coupe" was introduced to the public, other German luxury automakers hit the drafting board. According to the German auto experts at AutoBild, Audi is just over a year away from unleashing its own cleverly packaged sedan.
carwadontester981

Eleuterio Ignacio said...

Regardless of whether you happen to be organizing on redecorating your property or else you need to develop an totally new glimpse for any potential property using beadboard wainscoting can do wonders for making a varied assortment of distinct moods and seems.